I've got an exciting and expensive summer ahead of me, and to be honest up until now I haven't really been budgeting at all. I'm not exactly blowing my pay cheques on mulberry handbags (however much I might want to) but I have been buying things partly for the sake of it, on a whim or just because I'm plain bored. I've got IMATS coming up in June shortly followed by Glastonbury, and then a girls holiday a month later! So it's not exactly like my money isn't going to be put to good use, it's just going to be hard to resist temptation up until then!
- The spending ban will take place as soon as I post this blogpost (Tuesday 12th of February 2013) and will end on May 23rd 2013.
- I am not allowed to buy any make-up in between those dates.
- I am allowed to repurchase something if its urgent and I have no alternative (e.g foundation, eyebrow pencil etc) but only if I have no alternative.
- Under no circumstances do I need any more lipsticks. *sob*
- I am allowed to buy essentials (e.g shower gel, deodorant, heat protectant)
- I will write weekly update posts on my blog to talk about my progress, what I'm lusting over so I can keep a record of how much I actually want something.
- Every time I don't buy something that I want, I will move that exact amount of money the item costs into my savings account.
- I am allowed to repurchase skincare (within reason, I don't need to 'stock up' on 8 bottles of liz earle cleanse and polish)
- I am allowed to buy makeup with any vouchers I have/receive for my birthday
- I must see this through to at the very least 50 days!
We'll see how we'll I manage it! Have any of you done the 100 day spending ban? I'd love some tips, or if any of you are doing it as well at the moment I'd love to hear how you're finding it!