Pages

Friday 15 February 2013

Ojon Rare Blend Oil Review.


If you watched my latest video, you'll have seen that I picked up this for an absolute bargain for £15 from my local Boots when the RRP is £29. I've heard quite a lot about Ojon before, mainly rave reviews so when I saw this for half price I was more excited than I probably should have been to give it a go.



What Ojon Say: 
"From tropical Tahiti to the Kalahari Desert in Africa, from the remote rainforests of Central America and beyond Ojon gathered potent natural oils legendary for their "great healing powers" and infused them into 3 phases: Amber, Crystal and Red.
One precious drop of this multi-tasking wonder helps protect, nourish and transforms dull, dry or damaged hair to vibrant health. Hair instantly looks glossier, shinier; suddenly feels softer, silkier, more luxurious."

What I say:
I'm not sure about whether or this oil has "great healing powers" but I do agree that my hair does look glossier, shinier and feels more soft and silky. I've tried various different hair oils as someone with dry, coloured, damaged hair I need all the moisture I can get! But this, I have to say has been the best I've tried so far. This feels like it properly penetrates my hair and nourishes it, rather than just coating and smoothing it.  It doesn't leave my hair feeling weighed down. but a little really does go along way - I am someone which follows the rule more is more, but not with this. One drop really will do the lengths and ends of your hair. 



How I use it:
As you can see in the pictures, the three oils "Amber, Crystal and Red" come layered, so you need to shake it before use. I find it best applied to damp hair, before blow drying as it does have heat protecting properties. Although if my hair is looking a bit lackluster and needs a boost of shine I'll rub a teeeny tiny little drop throughout the ends of my hair, giving it a bit of a boost. The one thing that I don't like is the packaging, it's a thick plastic bottle, without a pump. Which drives me craaazy, you need the smallest amount with this product and not having a pump means I pretty much always get too much. And if you don't screw the lid on tight it has a tendency to leak and gets eeeverywhere. Not cool.

All shook up!

Overall I'm really impressed with this oil, it leaves my hair feeling light, hydrated, shiny and soft. I'm not sure I'd pay £29 for it, but if it's ever on offer again I will certainly be stocking up! It has definitely made me much more curious to try some other products from Ojon, and possibly shampoo and conditioner. 

Q- Have any of you tried Ojon products? If you have, what do you like/not like? 
   - Would you pay £29 for a hair oil?



6 comments:

  1. How thick is your hair? I've been wanting to try this but worried it will weigh my hair down as it is leaning more to the fine side xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hair is quite fine, but I've got a lot of it! X

      Delete
    2. ok cool that is the same as me so hopefully this should work! x

      Delete
  2. This looks really good, but like you I odn;t know if I can justify £29 on hair oil! I'm keeping my eyes peeled for offers though :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of this oil and ma have to try it!!You have a really nice blog hun and it would be nice if you could come over and check my blog out as well and maybe we could follow each other!
    Aimee
    www.new-yorkdoll.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always walk past this in my local boots and admire how pretty it looks! I'm currently on the look out for a new hair oil so ill be keeping an eye out for when this is on offer again!xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment :) If you have any questions, ask me on twitter @Daisykeeling or email me daisycakesblog@hotmail.com xxxxxxx